Upon registration, Gen Y Hub members will receive (2) FREE 1-hr consultations with both Donna & Nailah to discuss your marketing strategy and focus on your needs prior to the workshop.
What We Offer
Join us for a series of small biz bootcamp starting June 12 in Long Beach. Each workshop is stand alone and can be purchased by itself for $199 or you can purchase all 4 workshops for $579.
The Launch Sequence combines traditional marketing and strategic planning techniques with coaching principles to help you discover what really matters to you, how that translates into a direction for your brand and how to ultimately maximize the potential of your small business.
Week 1 – Starting Your Business
Week one is all about your business “whys.” It’s easy to get stuck and overwhelmed when you are trying to move forward with your big idea. If you’re feeling this way, week one is perfect for you. We’ll clarify your business plan and set the path for success. Plus, we’ll tackle the tricky topic of pricing and packaging your offer. Together, we’ll help you:
- Envision what you want for your business and align your mission with your core values and personal needs (you know, the elusive work-life balance).
- Identify fears, blocks and limiting beliefs and develop strategies for thriving. We will teach you how to harness fears and blocks and use them to propel your business forward (instead of keeping you stuck).
- Identify what unique strengths and gifts you bring to your business. You’ll discover what sets you apart from the competition and walk away with a unique value proposition that will shape your brand and sell your product or service!
- Understand your competition. We’ll give you the tools and techniques to understand who your competitors are, where they are, what they’re doing and how you can keep up.
- Define your packages and offerings and set a fair, competitive price for your products/services.
YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH:
- A written mission statement and unique value proposition – great for crafting your message, pitching your product or service and making it crystal clear why your customers need you.
- Base packages for your product or service – a clear understanding and outline of what you offer and why it matters.
- Easy steps for determining your pricing structure – if you’ve been struggling with how to price your product, or standing firm with your pricing decision, this will help you know your value!
- Competitor analysis – know what you’re up against and have the tools to stand out from the crowd.
Week 2 – Who Are You Working With?
In the second week, we’re talking about all those people – including you – who impact your business. We’ll help you get really clear about who you’re selling to and why. We’ll also help you identify those people who can help you grow your budding brand. We’re going to:
- Go beyond identifying your target market and create a client persona for your business. When you’re crafting sales copy, designing a logo or even writing a blog, you’ll know exactly who you’re talking to and what to say.
- Discuss marketing strategies that play to different types of personalities.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and learn how to recognize complementary strengths and weaknesses in potential partners.
- Discuss the power of partnerships for the small business owner and entrepreneur and review ways to find people who can give you what you need.
- Define strategies for positioning yourself and your brand as an industry expert.
YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH:
- An image and bio of your “client avatar” – Having a clear picture of your ideal client will help shape all of your brand’s communications.
- A list of places to find your client – You’ll have a comprehensive list of the outlets – both offline and online – where you can directly target your ideal client.
- A chart of social networks organized by demographic – Now that you know exactly who you’re marketing to, this handy chart is going to help you find them online!
- Three key talking points for pitching yourself to media outlets – Who doesn’t love seeing their name in lights? You’ll be clear on topics you can talk about and you’ll walk away ready to pitch your ideas.
Week 3 – Organizing for Business Success
Stop wasting time in your business! We all have a million tasks we can be doing to support our businesses. This week will help you ensure you’re focusing on only the most important business activities. We’ll help you get clear on how to maximize your time online and give you tools to streamline your process. You’re going to learn how to:
- Identify the social networks you need to be on and how to create a compelling presence.
- Optimize your social media presence, blog and website for search engines and visitors.
- Brand all your client touch points consistently and ensure that no matter where a potential client finds you, your message is the same (without being redundant).
- Utilize public relation’s tactics to get buzz for your news and events.
- Structure your day to reduce overwhelm and maximize your workflow.
YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH:
- Hootsuite training – This tool is a small business owner’s best friend. From scheduling updates, to accessing all of your social networks in one place, we’ll show you how to get it done!
- A task calendar for weekly and day-to-day use – No more excuses. We’ll give you a calendar to help you organize your day so you can focus on what you do best.
- Press release template and media pitch guide – These tools will help you to start spreading the news!
- Google Alerts set up and overview – Follow what people are saying about you and your brand.
Week 4 – Planning and Staying Motivated
Forward movement is the name of the game. You want to stay on track and keep growing your business and we’re going to help you do it. During week four, you’ll get the tools to set short and long-term goals for your business while keeping up with day-to-day tasks. We’ll review how to:
- Create a personalized strategic plan for your business using SMART goals and milestones to keep you on track without getting overwhelmed.
- Create a marketing calendar to break each big dream into smaller, attainable goals.
- Read your analytics reports. Good goals are nothing without good reporting. Learn how to read your Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other reports to determine your successes and decide which elements of your plan might need revision.
YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH:
- An action plan calendar – This calendar has got you covered from daily tasks to annual goal tracking.
- Google Analytics setup and training – If you’re not already using Google Analytics (or if you are, but are not using it effectively) we’re going to get you up and running with this powerful tool.
Written SMART goals for your business – Get those goals out of your head and on paper with tools for measuring your success!
BONUS! Week 5 – Expert Round-up.
Get the lowdown from a number of experts that will have a fast impact on your business. Benefit from the insights of our all-star team:
- Operations & Systems Specialist will help you get your process organized
- Accountant will answer those tough financial and tax questions
- Attorney will help you protect your intellectual property
- And an expert to review the importance of a well-written contract!