Who could have seen this coming? Michael Phelps becomes the most decorated Olympian of all time but who cares, have you heard of this Ryan Lochte? Of course you have because he has ripped a page right out of Kim Kardashian's book. While most Olympians are loosing their buzz after the London Olympics, Lochte is keeping himself in the entertainment news by putting himself into anything that will take him. Since the Olympics, Lochte has used multiple PR stunts to get himself publicity. Here is a list of what is keeping him in the news:
1. He wants to be an actor (shocker) and even tried it out on a comedy skit in the website funny or die.
Watch video (if you want to skip straight to Lochte its at 1:38). Maybe comedy isn't his thing, how about a drama?
2. Lochte lands a special guest spot in the show 90210 and when asked how his first acting experience was, he said ""Memorizing lines and trying to like, say 'em, and still like, do movement … it was hard."
.....don't worry there's a plan b
3. If you can't act, there is always reality TV. There is a chance that the next season of the Bachelor will star none other than Ryan Lochte. Apparently as long as they pay him $750,000, so he can pick a woman to potentially date.
4. Make sure Lochte is seen in clubs and Vegas, partying his face off so he looks really cool.
5. Trademark the work "Jeah" a word he made up. If you think it means "yeah" except it was enunciated by a lazy speaker, I would agree with you but Lochte says "It means, like, almost, like, everything," "Like happy. Like, if you have a good swim, you say, 'Jeah.' Like, it's good. So, I guess ... it means good." With the trademark he plans to sell a bunch of merchandise with his catchphrase on it.
Now I see the entrepreneurial side of the swimmer and if anyone wants to waste money on his merchandise or their time watching The Bachelor, good for him. I just don't want to see his face everywhere I go and I worry that this is the new role model for kids and teenagers as opposed to Michael Phelps. It seems more people are famous for doing nothing rather than accomplishing something.